Membership Info & Application
Scroll to the bottom for aplication
Since its inception in 1967, the Lunenburg County Christmas Tree Producers' Association (LCCTPA) has played a key role in the growth and development of the Christmas tree industry in Nova Scotia. In addition to many local field tours and technical sessions the LCCTPA has hosted two world class International Christmas Tree Conferences and has been instrumental in having Lunenburg County designated as the "Balsam Fir Christmas Tree Capital of the World" and the 1996 " Forestry Capital of Canada".
- As a member of the "Christmas Tree Council of Nova Scotia" and the "National Christmas Tree Association", the Lunenburg County Association is well connected to growers and markets throughout North America and beyond.
- Through real tree promotions, media contacts and political lobbying, the LCCTPA executive works to ensure that the public as well as elected officials and respective government departments are aware of the importance of the Christmas Tree business to the growers / producers and to the economy of Nova Scotia.
- The LCCTPA maintains contact with government and regulatory agencies to protect its members interests in any proposed Christmas tree related legislation or regulations.
- Each grower receives a professionally prepared "Growers Manual" and subsequent updates at no extra charge
- As a member of the LCCTPA each grower with 5 or more acres of trees is entitled to special "farm registration" rates for vehicles used in the business.
- Members receive complimentary copies of the "Nova Scotia Christmas Tree Journal (published quarterly) and the "LCCTPA Info-Note."
- LCCTPA members have access to information on cultural techniques, integrated pest management, marketing and research activities pertaining to the Christmas tree industry.
- Field Days, Seminars and Training Courses are provided to members at greatly reduced rates.
- Members of the LCCTPA are eligible to participate in the "Pesticide Re-certification" program, which enables them to collect credits towards the renewal of their application license.
- The LCCTPA maintains a web site where members can advertise their products and services.
Lunenburg County Christmas Tree Producers' Association Membership Dues for the fiscal year (Jan 1st-Dec 31st)
TYPE OF MEMBERSHIP
"New" Grower Membership - membership shall be open to persons who are directly engaged in the early growing stages of Christmas trees/other Christmas greenery or for the first year of growers actively selling Christmas trees and greenery. $25
Grower Membership - membership shall be open to persons who are directly engaged in growing Christmas trees or other Christmas greenery. (Nursery stock not included) $50 Flat rate for small growers $200 Flat rate for large growers selling 15 000 trees or more.
Commercial Membership - membership is open to buyers or brokers, persons or companies, etc. Who are in a position to supply the industry with equipment, supplies, technical services or expertise. Their annual dues place them on the Mailing List and as well makes this Mailing List available to them. $75
Associate - membership shall be open to persons not eligible for "Grower" or "Commercial" membership who are interested in the progress and development of the industry. Associate members shall not be entitled to vote, hold office or receive all the benefits of a Grower or Commercial member but shall have the privilege of the floor. $25
Growers/Shippers List - places your name and information relating to your business on the L.C.C.T.P.A's website providing you the opportunity to advertise your trees, wreaths, boughs or tree related services to prospective buyers worldwide. Renewable on an annual basis. $20
Commercial Supplies List - places your name and information relating to your business on the L.C.C.T.P.A's website providing you the opportunity to advertise any supplies or services related to the Christmas tree industry such as equipment rentals/sales, wreath supplies, bailing supplies, shearing equipment, flagging tape, printing services, insecticides, etc. Renewable on an annual basis. $20
*** In the event you fall under both categories (Growers/Shippers List & Commercial Supplies List) you may advertise under both headings for the flat rate of $20/year.
Membership Application - PDF Format
Membership Application - Online Form